Ethos & Values
At Sedgefield Community College, the word ACHIEVE underpins our desire to support all of our students to reach their full potential during their time with us.
It represents our determination for students to succeed in all of the different aspects of life at our school, whether it be reaching their full academic potential in the classroom or being the best that they can be beyond it.
We are a school that successfully combines traditional values of respect and personal responsibility with an appreciation of the necessity to always look forward and continue our development to achieve all that we can. We ensure that our intentions are translated into actions in the following ways.
- Aspire – We aspire to achieve the best we can.
- Community – We work as a community to support all to achieve.
- High Expectations – We have high expectations in everything we do to ensure we always achieve the best we can.
- Independence – We develop independence to have the tools to achieve when the task is challenging.
- Excitement – We have excitement for learning and a desire to achieve and learn new things.
- Valued – We are all valued and what each of us achieve is to be celebrated.
- Enjoyment – We enjoy coming to school each day and all of the successes we achieve.